Thursday, October 6, 2011

Grey day - Seems perfect for pj's, coffee and blogging

I finally accomplished my first blog. YAH! I should have accomplished it years ago but how would you know this unless you know me...let's travel back in time a bit shall we.

Circa June 2008, the person I've fallen in love with works on a fishing vessel in the Bering Sea for three to four months at a time and are headed out during this month. Needless to say I had plenty of free time for blogging yet didn't. Sometimes I can be a real procrastinator. Like right now I'm ignoring things like this 

pile of paperwork that is an ongoing part-time job work project

and oh say, this

the quilting project I began three and a half years ago


So let us get back to this reality shall we...my partner no longer works on that fishing vessel due to a severe work injury. That injury occurred a year ago. It required three months of surgery recovery then another nine months of physical therapy. The first six months were really hard then when the stress of the situation seemed the hardest a light shined. B- got hired for a land job. Trouble is that land job is nearly four hours from our home. Pros: We get to see each other at least once a month rather than having to wait nearly four months. Cons: It still feels like I'm managing everything and it doesn't make living day to day without the person you love any easier.

It is a strange experience being in a long distance relationship. More and more I understand how it drives folks to an edge of insanity. I'm sure I will share a bit here and there as this blog progresses. Maybe I'll come to terms with it and radically be cured of the doldrums and depression that seems to go along with it. Anyway, maybe I can share a little of my struggle and survival and someone out there will recognize they too can make it.

Until next time, may you be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment